In one of our previous posts, we went over the benefits of the license-free range pmr-446. Now we’ll try to introduce you to an inexpensive but high-quality transceiver that works in this frequency range. If you are looking for a low-cost walkie-talkie for work, hobbies, sports, or games with children, this is an excellent choice. For less than 40 euros, you receive two transceivers made in a professional manner with a full set of accessories.Continue reading “Luiton LT-458 PMR446 portable unlicensed two-way radio (walkie-talkie) and its modifications – a review”
The article deals with the use of two-way radios of the permitted range PMR 446 MHz, their characteristics, and their features. Demonstrated typical samples of walkie-talkies. Answers to the most frequently asked questions are provided:
- What is meant by PMR446?
- What are the PMR frequencies?
- What is the power of PMR radios?
- What is a Table (grid) of frequencies?
- Why is a frequency grid required? Why can’t frequencies be used directly?
- How to use the frequency table?
- What are CTCSS and DCS encodings and what is it used for?
- Are the PMR446 radios compatible with other civilian radios (CB radio)?
- What is the typical range of walkie-talkies in the 433 MHz LPD or 446 MHz PMR band?
- How can I increase the communication range in the LPD 433 MHz or PMR 446 MHz band?
- Do walkie-talkies LPD 433 MHz and PMR 446 MHz work indoors?
- Is it better to be indoors or outdoors to achieve maximum communication range?
- Why can I read (listen to) others, but no one hears me?
- Can PMR 446 MHz walkie-talkies be used as a base (dispatch, control room) radio?
- Where can I buy high-quality and inexpensive walkie-talkies in the PMR446 range?
This article provides an overview of an inexpensive, simple and practical CB radio communication transceiver for installation in a car or truck to communicate with fellow travelers, work colleagues or hobbyist radio enthusiasts.
From the previous article, we know that the CB radio is the most affordable way of operational communication for personal, family, professional and other applications. Now we will look at one of the most interesting budget transceivers for installation in a car.
This article provides an overview of an inexpensive, simple, and practical CB radio kit for installation in a car or truck to communicate with fellow travelers, work colleagues, or hobbyist radio enthusiasts.
From the previous article, we know that the CB radio is the most affordable way of operational real-time communication for personal, family, professional, and other applications. Here we will look at one of the most popular kits for installation in a car, consisting of a two-way radio (transceiver) and a magnetic antenna.
What is a table (grid) of frequencies?
Why is a frequency grid required? Why I can’t use frequencies directly?
How to use the frequency table? Continue reading “Table (grid) of frequencies for radio stations of CB (civilian) range 27 MHz”
? What is CB and how to use it?
? Why do people continue to use two-way radio while there are cell phones, instant messengers, and Skype?
? What is the working range (distance) of CB radios?