The article deals with the use of two-way radios of the permitted range PMR 446 MHz, their characteristics, and their features. Demonstrated typical samples of walkie-talkies. Answers to the most frequently asked questions are provided:
- What is meant by PMR446?
- What are the PMR frequencies?
- What is the power of PMR radios?
- What is a Table (grid) of frequencies?
- Why is a frequency grid required? Why can’t frequencies be used directly?
- How to use the frequency table?
- What are CTCSS and DCS encodings and what is it used for?
- Are the PMR446 radios compatible with other civilian radios (CB radio)?
- What is the typical range of walkie-talkies in the 433 MHz LPD or 446 MHz PMR band?
- How can I increase the communication range in the LPD 433 MHz or PMR 446 MHz band?
- Do walkie-talkies LPD 433 MHz and PMR 446 MHz work indoors?
- Is it better to be indoors or outdoors to achieve maximum communication range?
- Why can I read (listen to) others, but no one hears me?
- Can PMR 446 MHz walkie-talkies be used as a base (dispatch, control room) radio?
- Where can I buy high-quality and inexpensive walkie-talkies in the PMR446 range?
Please follow and like us: